Microwave Leakage Testing
Occupational health and safety requirements place the responsibility on employers of providing a safe workplace. Because microwave ovens used in food preparation and staff canteen areas need to be in safe working condition, it has been raised that ovens leaking radiation can pose a health risk to workers.
- Ensure microwave is in a good condition, and in full working order.
- Check seals, hinges, buttons and ensure no damage to outer case
- Do full testing to ensure microwave does no leak radiation above allowable limits of 5 mW/cm2 at 5 cm
- Record any faults found to microwave
- Apply barcode and record results
- Apply test label stating results and date of testing
Call us to discuss your requirements, and the best options for your type of business.