RCD Safety Switch Testing
AS/NZ3760 requires your RCD safety switches to be tested every 6 months to ensure the RCD safety switch is in full working order, so it will perform its intended task, in the unfortunate case of a fault to an attached item.
A push button test is required every 6 months, and a trip time test is required every 12 months or 2 years dependant on your environment.
- Locate switchboard areas and identify circuits protected by RCD’s
- Check switchboard condition, door hinge, locking mechanism and any seals and notify client of any areas for concern
- Clean outside of switchboard
- Barcode RCD Circuits for tracking on our testing log
- Push button test to ensure RCD is operational (every 6 months)
- Open switchboard and perform a trip time test on speciality testers (12 month/2 year cycle only)
- Record all test results and outcome of test
Call us to discuss your requirements, and the best options for your type of business.